I have had a bread maker for probably 20 years, so it’s commonplace for me to post recipes using the dough from the bread maker I now have (which is a fabulous Zojirushi brand). HOWEVER, not everyone (!) has one, so here is my famous Cinnamon Roll Recipe, traditional method 🙂 This is for you, Lottie!!
- 1 cup warm milk (not hot)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp quick rise yeast
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Roll Filling:
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine yeast, warm milk and sugar in a bowl. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until foamy (like beer).
- Add eggs, salt and melted unsalted butter.
- Mix well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, and mix gently. Knead dough until it is no longer sticky. (maybe 8-10 minutes)
- Cover with a towel, let rest 10 minutes in a greased bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9x13 pan, and one other smaller pan.
- Remove from bowl, place on floured board. Roll out to about a 16x24 rectangle.
- Spread softened butter on top.
- Sprinkle the cup of brown sugar over the top, and then cinnamon over that.
- Roll up and seal the seam with some water. Slice into 1" slices, maybe slightly smaller depending on the size rolls you want.
- Place into greased pans. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, maybe 45 minutes to an hour. They can rise longer, the rolls will just be puffier - which I love!
- Bake approximately 14-17 minutes or until lightly brown. Do NOT over bake!
Spread the warm rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting!
As always – enjoy!!!!