I love love LOVE caramelized onions! In my opinion, you cannot go wrong putting them on/in ANYTHING! So this recipe is another hit!
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 large onions, chopped (this equals about 3.5 - 4 cups)
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 16oz container sour cream
- 2-3 Tbs chopped fresh chives (I used mine fresh from the garden!)
- Melt butter in large pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions. Cook, stirring often, for 20-25 minutes, until golden and very tender.
- Add chopped spinach, stirring, and cook until just wilted (about 90 seconds)
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Remove from heat
- Cool 30 minutes
- Stir together sour cream and chopped chives
- Add in cooled onion-spinach mixture
- Mix well, add in remaining salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with chips/carrots/red pepper strips/celery.
As always – ENJOY!!