Enchiladas.. Creamy, spicy, yummy shrimp enchiladas.. You know you want to make these!!
Spicy Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 oz shrimp, peeled/deveined, tails removed
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded or not depending on your love of spice!, sliced thinly
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 cups half and half or light cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 8 oz jalapeno monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan
- Place a large pan over medium high heat, add 1 Tbs cooking oil
- Saute onions, jalapenos and tomatoes in oil until softened
- Whisk 1/2 and 1/2, sour cream, garlic, and spices in a mixing bowl and then add to the pan with the veggies, mix well. Turn down heat to low.
- Heat another skillet, add 1 Tbs butter, when melted, place half of shrimp into pan and cook until almost cooked through, remove to cutting board, and then cook the other half shrimp. Remove them to same cutting board and cut into bite size pieces.
- Add shrimp into the cream sauce. Stir to combine.
- Place about 1 oz grated cheese in center of each tortilla, place 1 large scoop of sauce/spice (draining off most of liquid) mixture into tortilla and roll up, placing seam side down in prepared pan.
- Repeat with rest of tortillas
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas and spread remaining cheese on top
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
- Serve immediately!
As always, ENJOY!!