Another yummy recipe – lots of modifications we came up with while cooking. Leftovers (not seafood – just the pasta and sauce) were also excellent. Lots of modifications to what we originally saw in the recipe – all for the better!
I used Asiago cheese as my guy hates Parmesan 🙂
- 12 ounces shrimp, shells and tails removed
- 8 oz pasta, (I used fresh linguini)
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, thoroughly dried (unless you don't mind the sauce turning pink!)
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crisp white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup grated asiago (or parmesan) - use a microplanar as it will melt into the sauce and make it silky
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- liberal cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
- Prepare pasta according to directions. Rinse, set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs unsalted butter over medium high heat. When melted, add onions and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add in wine, broth, cream, cream cheese, and pepper. Cook until mixture thickens a bit, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in freshly grated Asiago (or Parmesan), and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small pan, heat remaining unsalted butter. Cook shrimp until done, remove from pan. Add spinach to pan and cook until just wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the roasted red peppers. Fold the pasta and spinach/red pepper mixture into the cream sauce.
- To Plate: Crack fresh pepper into the empty serving pasta bowls or plates - more flavorful this way! Place pasta with sauce mixture into the bowl/onto the plate, add shrimp to the top and let your guests dig in!