Pickled Red Onion Recipe
Refrigerator pickled onions! So easy and so delicious! I doubled the recipe and made 4 jars — handed them out to those who love them!
- 2 small red onions, peeled, sliced evenly (use a mandoline!)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 Tbs sea salt
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns (optional)
- Divide the onions between 2-16oz clean canning jars
- Sprinkle the peppercorns on top
- Heat the vinegars, water, sugar and salt in small pot over medium heat. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved - 1-2 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, pour over the onions. Cool completely, put the lids on and place in the fridge.
- The onions will be ready to eat once bright pink and tender. This could take a few hours for thin onions or up to 24 hours for thicker slices.
As always – enjoy!
This entry was posted in Side Dishes
and tagged red onion
. Bookmark the permalink