My daughter loved anything “cookie dough” as a child (still does in fact!) So I started making random cakes/cupcakes/brownies with cookie dough filling and here’s a new recipe that is quite delicious!
- 1 cake mix that makes 24 cupcakes - can be white/yellow/chocolate
- Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-4 Tbs milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Bake cupcakes according to recipe
- Cool completely
- To make the filling:
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla, beat well
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix until well combined
- Add milk gradually until the mixture is of desired consistency
- Fold in mini chocolate chips
- To fill the cupcakes, gently core out a small hole in the center of each cupcake - I used an apple corer - just be careful to not core the entire cupcake to the bottom!
- Stuff a small chunk of cookie dough into each cored cupcakes
- Frost cupcakes with Frosting Recipe
As always – enjoy!