Fabulous pasta meal! I highly recommend this – quite easy – and very delicious. You could substitute any type of pasta – I just loved the cheese tortellini against the peas and bacon.
Lemony Tortellini Carbonara with Peas
- 1 pound tortellini
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 10 oz fresh or frozen (thawed) peas
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 3 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain, reserve 1 cup water.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove, crumbled into pieces. Add garlic into same large skillet, and cook until light golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes. Add peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until color brightens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir bacon back into pea mixture.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, parmesan and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Toss hot pasta into egg mixture, adding some of the reserved hot water as needed to make a creamy sauce.
- Fold in the bacon mixture, then lemon zest and juice.
- Serve with more parmesan, lemon zest and pepper if desired.