Mini Lemon Cakes
Jump to recipe
This recipe sounded fabulous so I whipped it up for fun the other day. Absolutely delicious! I used mini silicon molds so this recipe made 36 mini cakes – versus 24 regular size cupcakes or one large cake!
Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs PLUS 3 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini molds or grease and flour cupcake pans or two 8" cake pans, knocking out excess flour
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and zest together
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl of stand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat 1 egg at a time into creamed mixture on low speed, until well combined before adding next egg, then the yolks. Beat lemon juice into butter mixture. Beat flour mixture, alternating with buttermilk, until just combined. Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake until cake pulls away from sides, toothpick comes out clean. The mini molds baked approximately 14 minutes, two 8" pans took about 32 minutes
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove from pans and place on wire rack
Lemon glaze recipe here!
As always – enjoy!
This entry was posted in Cake
and tagged cake
, mini cake
. Bookmark the permalink