We had extra cranberries from the holidays so I thought I’d use them up with this recipe – WOW they were yummy!
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup cane sugar
- Heat maple syrup in medium pan over low/medium heat, just until warmed, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cranberries. Cover and refrigerate 10-12 hours.
- Place cranberry mixture in strainer over bowl, let drain for 15 minutes. Reserve syrup for another use.
- Place sugar in a shallow bowl, place 10-12 berries in the bowl, gently cover with sugar. Remove and place onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Let dry for about 2 hours.
- When completely dry, gently pour into a bowl that can be covered.
- Use as a snack, or on a pretty white cake!
As always – ENJOY!
This entry was posted in Side Dishes
and tagged cranberries
, maple syrup
. Bookmark the permalink