Limoncello Cake Recipe
Jump to recipe
Ooh my this IS delicious! I received homemade limoncello from several friends and since I *love* anything with lemon, I thought I’d whip this up. Delicious!
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used my homemade greek yogurt!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup
- 4 Tbsp limoncello liqueur
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup confectioner sugar
- 3 Tbs limoncello liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9" round baking pan with cooking spray
- Whisk together yogurt, eggs, canola oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and limoncello liqueur in a large bowl
- In a separate large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Gently stir/whisk the dry ingredients into the wet. Don't over mix or the cake will be tough - the batter can be a tad bit lumpy!
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake until top is lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 33-38 minutes. Don't over bake!
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Sift powdered sugar and 3 Tbs limoncello liqueur together in a small bowl until smooth
- Poke holes all over the still warm cake - use a toothpick or a fork
- Slowly spoon the glaze over the warm cake, as otherwise it will pool into the middle!
- Spread with a spoon if necessary
As always – enjoy!
This entry was posted in Cake
and tagged cake
. Bookmark the permalink