We made these (scallops only) to go over the AMAHZING Mango Peach Salsa. Then we made shrimp the next night for the leftover peach salsa. So you can marinate both shrimp and scallops or one or the other. I promise it will be delicious!
Margarita Shrimp and Scallop Recipe
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs good quality tequila
- 1 Tbs orange liqueur
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12-15 large sea scallops
- 12 large shrimp
- OR one or the other!
- Add all marinade ingredients to large bowl; stir
- Place shrimp/scallops into bowl
- Refrigerate about 20 minutes
- Skewer the seafood onto metal or water soaked bamboo skewers and grill for about 2.5-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skewers, sprinkle with a little salt.
- Serve immediately
As always – enjoy!