Fire and Ice Tomatoes
Jump to recipe
This is a staple at my house – love when tomatoes and cucumbers are in season!!
- 4-5 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 3-4 tomatoes, washed, and cut into like size pieces
- 2 green onions, washed, trimmed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar (more or less to your liking)
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Mix red wine vinegar with sugar and water to the desired taste. You can substitute apple cider vinegar if you like.
- Place cucumbers, tomatoes and green onions in a bowl.
- Pour red wine vinegar mixture over to cover.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Will keep for weeks
As always – ENJOY!