I have seen these all over Pinterest and Facebook recently, so thought I’d give them a try. Pretty easy EXCEPT for the rolling up part! And they really are very pretty!
Baked Apple Roses
- 4 apples, cored and halved. Do not peel!
- water to cover the sliced apples
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbs fruit preserves or apple butter
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove one sheet of puff pastry from freezer, allow to thaw/come to room temperature. Don't let it sit out more then 30 minutes or it will be too difficult to worth with
- Grease a 6 count muffin tin
- Put water and lemon juice in large microwaveable bowl
- Slice apples very thin, immediately place in lemon water. Do not let them sit outside the water, they will turn brown
- Microwave apples for 4 minutes on High
- Flour the counter/cutting board. Place the puff pastry on the board and roll to make a large triangle, large enough to get 6 3x12 inch lengths
- Cut the dough into 3" strips - I used a pastry cutter to make this job easier (it was my Mom's!)
- In a small bowl, mix the preserves or apple butter and water
- Spoon an even amount onto each of the 6 pieces of puff pastry, spread over the puff pastry
- Place the apple slices along one long edge of the dough, overlapping slightly
- Keep adding slices until you reach the end of that piece of dough
- Fold the dough up over the bottom of the slices
- Roll up the pastry and place in muffin tin
- Sprinkle cinnamon lightly over the top
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until apples are tender and pastry is brown
- Cool for 10 minutes
- Remove from muffin tin and allow to cool completely before storing
As always – ENJOY!!