I love fresh warm crusty rolls.. And this recipe looked particularly yummy.. I served these with pot roast. Leftovers went with DD’s lunch today – with ham on cheese on them!
Beer Yeast Rolls Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flat beer
- 3 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast or 2 tsp quick rise yeast
- 1 egg yolk + 1 Tbs water
- I layered ingredients into my breadmaker and hit the "dough" button. LOL.
- After dough is mixed, place on lightly floured board and divide into quarters, then cut each quarter into 5-6 pieces.
- Shape each piece into flattened oval shape.
- Dip bottom of dough into cornmeal.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Slash tops with sharp knife.
- Cover dough lightly, let rise 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400
- Brush rolls with one egg mixed with 1 Tbs water
- Bake approximately 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool on rack, serve when warm
As always – enjoy!