Cream Cheese Frosting
Jump to recipe
I made a FABULOUS Carrot Cake and it cried out for cream cheese frosting! It was SOO easy to make – and not overly sweet..
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
- 1-8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until well combined. Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy.
- If desired, stir in chopped pecans. Place first layer on plate, frost, then pour chopped pecans over this layer. Then place 2nd layer on top, frost the top and sides as desired. I then press chopped pecns into the frosting as otherwise in MY opinion (!), the cake gets ripped up when trying to frost.
As always – ENJOY!!