Pavlova Fruit Tart
Jump to recipe
We had an amazing fruit pavlova at my nephew’s wedding and I immediately thought “oooh I need to make this at home!” And so I did. And let me tell you – it was fabulous! It’s not that complicated and it is such a delicious and beautiful and LIGHT dessert!
- 4 extra large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ pint fresh blueberries
- ½ pint fresh strawberries, hulled/sliced
- ½ pint fresh blackberries or raspberries
- Strawberry sauce
- ½ pint fresh strawberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 cut strawberry jam
- 2 Tbs strawberry or peach liqueur
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 180. On a piece of parchment paper, trace either one large 9” circle or 4-6” smaller circles. Place this paper on a baking sheet – upside down – so there won’t be marks on the meringue!
- Place egg whites and salt in bowl of a stand mixer. Beat the egg whites on high speed for about 90 seconds or until firm. With mixer still on high, slowly add in sugar and beat until there are firm, shiny peaks, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove bowl from mixer, sift the cornstarch onto the egg whites. Add vinegar and vanilla, gently fold together with a rubber spatula. Dollop about ½ the meringue into the traced circles, spreading out to edges of the tracing marks. Place remaining meringue into pastry bag, fitted with star tip. Pipe edges on each disk to resemble bowl like shape. If there is meringue remaining, pipe into the center(s) and smooth. Bake for 90 minutes. Turn off oven, keep door closed and allow to cool for another hour. Outside will be crispy and yet soft on the inside.
- Using metal spatula, remove the meringues to flat serving plates or a platter. Combine the berries, and toss with a small amount of the strawberry sauce.
- Triple Strawberry Sauce
- Place strawberries and ½ cup of water in small pan. Bring to a boil, simmer 4 minutes. Pour into a food processor along with the jam, and liqueur and process until smooth. Chill in refrigerator.
- Spoon berry mixture into the shells. If desired, put a dollop of whipped cream on top. Pour strawberry sauce over the top.
- Serve immediately.
As always – enjoy!
This entry was posted in Desserts
and tagged fruit
, strawberry sauce
. Bookmark the permalink