We were looking for something Asian inspired but light and healthy. And so here it is! We added MANY more veggies (be creative – add whatever you like!) than the original version called for – and let me tell you – oh so very fabulous and yummy!
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1.5 cup chopped carrots
- 10 green onions, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs minced peeled ginger
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (we cut them when they were still pretty frozen - made for easy cutting of very thin pieces)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 cups low salt chicken broth
- 4 cups miso broth
- 4 Tbs low salt say sauce
- 3 Tbs mirin
- 3 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1.5 Tbs sriracha sauce
- 1.5 Tbs sesame oil
- 1.5 Tbs granulated sugar
- 5 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 hand full snow pea pods
- 2 small bunches bok choy, washed, ripped into large pieces
- uncooked deveined, shelled shrimp (optional)
- 1 package any type of Asian noodles
- Heat 1 Tbs vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots, saute for 3 minutes, then add green onions, garlic and ginger and saute 2 mins longer. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour in chicken broth, miso broth, soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, Sriracha, and sesame oil. Pour in carrot mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover until chicken is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, cabbage, mushrooms, broccoli and bok choy. Return to a boil. Add noodles, cook 2-5 minutes or until noodles are tender. (We put shrimp in at this point but that's totally optional. They were cooked by the time the noodles were tender.)
As always – enjoy!