This lemon cake is the BEST evah! So delicious, such a lemony crisp flavor and just downright DELICIOUS!
Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325
- Grease a bundt pan, covering all sections well
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside
- In separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time; mix in sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest
- Mix half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture; mix in buttermilk next, then add in remaining flour and mix just until flour disappears into batter. Pour cake batter into heavily greased bundt pan
- Bake for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean; remove from oven, cool 10 minutes. Turn cake onto a cake platter, poke holes in with a toothpick or fork. Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice until the glaze is smooth. Slowly pour glaze over the warm cake so the glaze soaks in.
As always – enjoy!