Instant Pot Swedish Meatball Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium, onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Tbs all purpose flour
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs chopped dill
- 2 Tbs parsley (optional)
- In large bowl, combine ground beef/turkey/pork, panko, milk, eggs, onion, garlic, thyme, season with salt and pepper
- Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Roll into 1-1.5" meatballs
- Heat a 6 qt instant pot on high saute. Heat oil. Working in 2-3 batches, add meatballs and cook until browned evenly on all sides. Transfer to paper towel lined plate.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Stir in beef stock, scrape up browned bits with wooden spoon. Season with more s&p, to taste.
- Return meatballs to pot, select manual setting, adjust pressure to high, set time for 8 minutes. When cycle is complete, quick release pressure.
- Remove meatballs from pot. Select manual setting, simmer until sauce is reduced/thickened. Stir in sour cream.
- Serve immediately with meatballs. Garnish with dill and parsley if desired.
As always – enjoy!