This chowder is so creamy and so delicious! Sweet and salty all in one!
Crab and Corn Chowder Recipe
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalepeno, seeded, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 3 Tbs flour
- 4 cups (32 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 12 oz fresh lump crab meat
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or half and half
- 1/2 tsp creole/cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon. Reserve 2 Tbs bacon drippings. Crumble bacon.
- Saute celery, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalepeno, and potato in bacon drippings, approximately 6-7 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk flour and broth until smooth, add to celery mixture. Mix in corn Bring to a boil, reduce heat, stirring every few minutes. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Gently stir in crabmeat and seasonings, cook 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot with crumbled bacon on top.
As always – enjoy!