We get lots of apples in our weekly produce delivery, and so I decided to make this Baked Apple Recipe in order to have something yummy to put over my fabulous homemade greek yogurt (praise be for the instapot!)
This was amazingly easy – I highly recommend it!
- 6-8 cups peeled, sliced baking apples
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs oats
- 1/4 cup water
- additional 1 Tbs butter, cut into small pieces
- Cinnamon to sprinkle over top
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place all apples into a greased baking pan
- Place flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter in small bowl. Cut into with 2 knives until it resembles corn meal; sprinkle this across the top
- Sprinkle the oats over the top
- Place the butter pieces over the top
- Pour 1/4 cup water over all
- Sprinkle lightly with a small amount of cinnamon
- Place in preheated oven, bake approximately 45 minutes or until it starts to brown
- Remove from oven, allow to cool before serving
- Serve over yogurt, with ice cream, over pound cake, etc.
As always – enjoy!