Cherry Sauce Recipe
When fresh cherries arrived in my weekly produce delivery I made cherry sauce to go over a fabulous pie, and also to use on ice cream! YUMM!
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- 3 Tbs water
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Pour pitted/stemmed cherries into a medium size pot. Add water, butter, sugar and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil - allow to boil for 3 minutes
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 2-3 more minutes
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes
- Pour into small food processor bowl
- Process until desired consistency.
- Store in airtight container until ready to use, in the refrigerator. Warm slightly before serving. I served over pie and ice cream!
As always – enjoy!
This entry was posted in Desserts
and tagged butter
. Bookmark the permalink