I love love LOVE peanut butter and chocolate, and this recipe is so incredibly easy and yummy – I know you will enjoy it as well!
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 25 peanut butter cookies (2 wafer cookies with icing in the middle)
- 3 Tbs melted unsalted butter
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cool whip
- more cool whip to top each slice with!
- chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put all cookies in a food processor, blend until all lumps are gone
- Pour into bowl, add melted butter
- Mix well
- Press into greased pie plate
- Mix cream cheese and peanut butter in mixer until creamy
- Add powdered sugar, mix again until well combined
- Add cool whip, process until very creamy
- Pour into cooled pie plate
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving
- Cut into slices and place a bit of cool whip on top and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- NOTE! I put a small layer of chocolate on top of the crust before pouring in the filling. I melted a cup of semi sweet chocolate, poured it on the top of the cooled crust and spread to the edges, then I put the filling on top. It's fabulous but not necessary 🙂
As always – enjoy!