I get so many pickling cukes from my weekly produce delivery – and I love to make different kinds of pickles each time! No recipe is ever the same!
I frequently give them away – as we simply cannot eat them all!!!
Refrigerator Pickles Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 6 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12-18 small pickling cucumbers (depends on the size!), sliced very thin
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, add the garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the vinegar and the salt, bring to a boil again, stir until salt is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Prepare 2-1 quart jars,
- Divide the seeds and peppercorns and red pepper flakes between the 2 jars.
- Using a tongs, remove the garlic from the hot water, put 4 cloves in each jar
- Pack the jars full of the sliced cukes, stuff them in. (I had to cut more as I didn't have enough at first!)
- Bring the brine to a boil a 3rd time. Place the jars in the sink (in case you spill!), then pour the hot brine into each jar, dividing equally filling to the top.
- Let cook completely, then cover and refrigerate.
- They will be awesome in a few hours, but even better after a few days!
- These pickles will keep up to 3 months in the refrigerator
As always – enjoy!