Broccoli Carrot Cheese Soup Recipe
Jump to recipe
Soup in the crockpot is the GREATEST thing! House smells great, it’s ready (within reason!) to serve give or take an hour (!) – and there’s almost always leftovers! I thought it would be different to add in carrots to this recipe – and it really rounded out the flavor. Feel free to make it without if you don’t have any on hand..
Crockpot Broccoli Carrot Cheese Soup Recipe
- 16-20 ounces of frozen broccoli florets or 2 heads of fresh broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, finely chopped (I put mine thru the food processor)
- 5-6 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can cream of celery soup (I used the healthy type)
- 1/4 tsp salt (add more or less to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 pound (more or less to your liking) Velveeta (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Place broccoli, onions, carrots, chicken broth, soup, salt, pepper, red pepper, and hot sauce in crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Cover, seal lid, and cook on high for approximately 4 hours.
- Use immersion blender to puree 3/4 of the soup.
- Turn heat to low
- Add Velveeta, place lid back on and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir well.
- Taste - add more salt/peppers as desired
- Ladle into bowls, top with cheddar cheese.
As always – ENJOY!!!