I love Baileys Irish Cream.. It’s so versatile and so yummy in EVERYTHING. My husband asked for a fun cheesecake for his birthday and so I went with this one.. So yummy!! It’s light and yet decadent.. My friend had a piece and declared it delicious and asked me to make her one for her December birthday present 🙂
Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake with Baileys Irish Cream Ganache
- Oreo Crust:
- 30 oreo cookies, wafer and filling
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Baileys Cheesecake Filling:
- 24 oz cream cheese, full fat, brick style
- 1 1/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- Bailey's Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbs Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wrap outside of 9" springform pan in aluminum foil, at least 3 layers (to keep the water from getting in during water bath). Make sure the foil goes up at least 3/4 of the sides, with no seams showing.
- Oreo Crust:
- Process the cookies in a food processor until they are crushed into a fine crumb.
- Add in melted butter, mix until well combined.
- Press into prepared springform pan, up the sides.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Do not turn the oven off!
- Cheesecake Filling:
- Beat cream cheese in stand mixer until softened, mix in sugar, beat until smooth.
- Sift in cocoa powder and cornstarch, then beat in the sour cream. Scrape down the sides and beat again until smooth.
- On low speed, beat eggs in 1 at a time.
- Remove pan from mixer, pour in Baileys, fold in with rubber spatula.
- Baking and Cooling:
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust, smooth.
- Place the cheesecake into middle of large roasting pan. Pour 1" hot water into the pan to make the water bath.
- Place the roasting pan with cheesecake in it, into the oven and bake 55-65 minutes; until the top looks almost set, but has a bit of a wiggle/wobble in it.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the oven bath and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and cover lightly, place in refrigerator to chill for 4-6 hours before serving.
- Baileys Chocolate Ganache
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place into small heatproof bowl.
- Add cream to small pan and heat over medium heat, to a gentle simmer, while stirring.
- Pour the hot whipping cream over chopped chocolate, let sit without stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth, then whisk in the Baileys. If chocolate isn't full melted, heat in microwave for 15 seconds increments,
- The Finished Product:
- Remove cheesecake from the refrigerator.
- Gently run a sharp knife around edge of the the cheesecake to separate from the pan, unclamp the springform side.
- Place onto a serving platter, drizzle ganache over the the cheesecake in a circular pattern until the cake is covered. Spread the ganache evenly over the top.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired
- Store leftovers in fridge
As always, enjoy!!