So easy and so delicious! I have been reading about this for years, and just never took the time to make it til this past weekend. Well, what the heck have I been waiting for? I served this with warm apple butter that I made in past few weeks. This could be served with warm maple syrup or fresh fruit compote or whatever you have on hand!
Dutch Baby Recipe
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 Tbs melted butter plus 1 Tbs unmelted butter
- 1 1/2 Tbps granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Fruit compote, jam, fruit, butter or syrup to top
- Preheat oven to 450 with 11" cast iron skillet in oven
- Whisk eggs, milk 5 Tbsp melted butter, salt and sugar together. Add flour and whisk until just combined.
- When preheat is complete, carefully remove the cast iron skillet, place 1 Tbsp unmelted butter in and carefully swirl the butter so that it melts and coats sides and bottom of skillet.
- Pour in batter.
- Place back in oven for 12-18 minutes or just until edges begin to brown.
- Top with desired toppings.
As always – enjoy!