I had two very ripe bananas that needed to be used, so I whipped up these pecan banana muffins. They are very moist and perfectly bite sized!
Mini Pecan Banana Muffin Recipe
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted/cooled
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Grease 1 - 24 mini muffin pan and a 1 - 12 mini muffin pan
- In large bowl, mash bananas until small chunks remain; add in cooled/melted butter and stir til well combined; stir in egg and vanilla until well combined
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir gently til combined; do not over-mix!
- Add in chopped pecans
- Divide batter evenly into muffin pans using a small muffin scoop
- Immediately place into preheated oven, bake approx 7 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (pay close attention - they bake very quickly!)
- Remove from oven, cool 5 minutes, pop out of pan and place on rack to cool
- When cool, place in container or zip lock bag
As always – enjoy!