These are fabulous for a party or a get together as they are perfectly bite sized!! I make them quite often and they typically get gobbled up in no time!
Mini Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe
- 2 unbaked room temperature, store bought refrigerated pie crusts or make your own dough for a double crust pie
- 1 stick butter
- 2 squares semi sweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease mini muffin pan – you’ll need 2-24 mini muffin pans (probably won’t use all of second pan). Roll out store bought crusts to 1’ larger. Cut small rounds with sharp cookie cutter or top of a wine glass or small juice glass, that are perfect size for your muffin pans. Place each mini crust on top of each muffin slot, and press gently down with back of small spoon. Do NOT press in completely, otherwise they will stick in the pan and be terribly difficult to get out of muffin pan without ruining them.
- Melt butter and chocolate together on low in microwave in glass bowl. Blend in sugar and vanilla and salt. If chocolate mixture is hot, stir to cool it down or let cool a few minutes before whisking in eggs. If you don’t, the eggs will cook from the hot chocolate mixture. Use a small muffin scoop to put batter into each prepared muffin tin. Bake approximately 12-14 minutes (my last batch was only 11 minutes!)
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from muffin pan, place on cookie rack until completely cool. Place in container and cover.
- Do not refrigerate. Well, you’ll eat them fast enough that there won’t have to refrigerate!!
As always – enjoy!