Life has been crazy so this is my first post in quite some time. However, this one is the BEST thing I have made in ages! I highly recommend this – it’s easy and it’s fabulous!
Pear Tart Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed but not room temperature
- 3-4 medium size ripe pears (red or yellow), cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- salt (either flaked or large crystallized)
- whipped cream
- Heat oven to 400. Unfold pastry onto parchment paper, roll pastry out about 1/2-3/4 inch bigger all around. Slide pastry on parchment onto baking sheet.
- Arrange pears on the pastry, leaving about 1/2 inch border all around. Brush the border with the beaten egg, sprinkle entire tart with sugar. Bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 and continue baking for about 10-15 additional minutes, until crust is brown and pears are tender but not mushy.
- As tart is baking, simmer syrup until reduced by half, about 12-15 minutes. Drizzle over entire tart and then sprinkle with flaked salt. Let cool 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
As always – ENJOY!!!