Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
You may think “OMG she is making this sauce in the microwave? No way am I trying that”. But it’s good, and so much easier when having a big brunch or just making this for steak oscar, to make it in the microwave versus trying to stir it constantly on the stove.
- 1 stick butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (or whipping)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Cut butter into 4 pieces and place in 1 quart glass bowl and microwave, covered with a paper towel, on high til almost melted. Remove butter from microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in a small bowl and setting the whites aside for another use. Beat the yolks well with a whisk, then add to the butter and stir well.
- Add the cream and lemon juice to the egg mixture and stir well. Microwave uncovered 1-2 minutes, uncovered, until slightly thick, stopping every 20 seconds to stir…
- Remove and stir in the mustard.
- Voila 🙂
As always – enjoy!
This entry was posted in Recipes
and tagged eggs
, whipping cream
. Bookmark the permalink