I wanted to make a gluten free cake for my friend’s birthday – she has Celiac disease.. This is what I whipped up – so easy – and soooo delicious!
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe (Gluten Free!)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut a circle out of parchment paper to line bottom of 8" cake pan. Grease pan, place parchment paper on bottom, grease again. This step is VERY important or the cake will stick!
- Place butter and 1 cup chips in a glass mixing bowl. Place in microwave, heat 1 minute. Stir. Continue to heat for 30 seconds/stir, until mixture is well combined.
- Add sugar and espresso powder (optional)
- Add eggs and vanilla, whisk until smooth
- Add cocoa powder, mix until well combined and smooth
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Place in oven, bake 20 minutes.
- Remove, let cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife around the edge of the pan, quickly invert onto a cake plate
- Peel off parchment paper
You can glaze with this Ganache Recipe if you would like!
As always – enjoy!