Queso Fundido Recipe
Jump to recipe
This dip recipe is really delicious – it was a HUGE hit with the guests on a long weekend at the beach a few weeks back..
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 oz muenster cheese, shredded or chopped (if you can only find slices!)
- 8 oz queso fresco (2 cups) - I have substituted dry ricotta when I could not find queso fresco
- 1/2 lb anaheim chilies
- 2 jalepenos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and sliced
- tortilla chips/tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400. Stir together all cheeses in a large bowl.
- Spread chilies on greased, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with a small bit of olive oil. Bake until skins turn black and blister, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow chilies to cool about 15 minutes. Peel, seed all chilies under running water. Chop and set aside.
- Grease a 12" cast iron skillet with 1 Tbs olive oil. Add cheese mixture to skillet. Bake until cheese has melted and is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat rest of live oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, cook 1 minute. Stir constantly. Add mushrooms, cook, stirring regularly, until mushrooms have softened - about 7 minutes. Add chilies, stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove hot skillet with cheese from oven, top with mushroom mixture.
- Serve immediately with hot griddled tortillas and or tortilla chips.
As always – enjoy!