Jane’s Spicy Chicken Soup Recipe
This is so DELICIOUS! You can add/remove items based on your tastes, and it’s excellent! I recommend making the day before, and reheating, something to do with letting it get cold and then reheating really brings out the flavor!
Jane's Spicy Chicken Soup Recipe
- 7-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can rotel tomatoes (I used habanero)
- 12-16 oz frozen corn (I used corn that I had in freezer leftover from leftover corn on the cob!)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 3 tsp chil powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-2 sliced jalepenos (to taste)
- sour cream for topping
- cheddar cheese for topping
- Fill a large pot with water 1/2 way. Add chicken breasts, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and onion powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover partway. Simmer for about an hour, until chicken is extremely tender. Remove chicken from pot, reserve broth. Strain broth. Let chicken cool, shred into bite size pieces.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until onions are slightly brown.
- Stir in salsa, diced tomatoes, rotel tomatoes, frozen corn, black beans, pinto beans, chili powder cumin and jalepenos. Add in enough reserved chicken broth to make the soup the right consistency.
- Simmer about 30 minutes. You can cool and place in refrigerator, and reheat the next day, or eat immediately.
- Serve with more jalepenos and or sour cream and cheddar cheese.
As always – ENJOY!!!