Garlicky Salty Pretzels
Jump to recipe
We love warm pretzels – straight from the oven. These are FABULOUS!
- 1 1/2 cups flat beer
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter
- 2 tsp rapid rise yeast or 1.5 tsp active dry yeast
- Egg Wash: egg yolk mixed with 1 tsp water
- Optional: gated garlic or cinnamon or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pour flat beer in the bottom of the bread machine pan
- Layer all other ingredients in order except for egg wash and toppings
- Use "dough" cycle.
- When dough is complete, remove from pan to lightly floured board
- Divide into 8 sections
- Cut each of the 8 sections into 6 equal portions
- Roll each piece into long pencil thin rope.
- Shape each pretzel by picking up ends of line in each hand, curve into circle, crossing ends at top
- Twist ends once and press down onto circle
- Place onto well greased pan or pan lined with parchment paper
- Let rest for about 5 minutes
- Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with garlic or salt or cinnamon
- Bake at 400 for 12-20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool a few minutes, then eat up!
As always – enjoy!
This entry was posted in Breads/Muffins
and tagged beer
, flat beer
, warm pretzels
. Bookmark the permalink