We love chicken pot pie – and I used fresh carrots and onions this time as I had them on hand from my weekly produce delivery! This is a GREAT way to use up leftover chicken (from a rotisserie chicken) or turkey..
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups cut up cooked chicken or turkey
- 20 oz vegetables (I used fresh cooked carrots and peas)
- 4 pie crusts, make your own or buy them
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat butter over low heat until melted. Add flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Keep stirring! Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- Mix well.
- Place 2 pie crusts in greased glass deep dish pie crust dish.
- Divide the mixture evenly in both crusts.
- Place the remaining pie crusts over each dish, seal and flute.
- Cut slits in the top crust for the steam to escape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is brown and the juices start to bubble thru the slits.
As always – enjoy!