Carrot Cake Recipe
Oh my this carrot cake is so delicious – nice and moist and not overly sweet. YUMMY!!!
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots (use FRESH grated - the pre-shredded carrots will make the cake far less moist)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and flour 2 9"or 10" round or square cake pans (do not use 8" or the cakes will bake over!)
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and vegetable oil. Add the white sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Beat in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Fold in carrots.
- Pour into prepared pans
- Bake approximately 40-50 minutes, checking at 35 minutes to see if the layers are done by inserting a clean toothpick into the middle and if it comes out clean, that layer is done. Do not overbake!
- Remove from oven when baked, cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans to wire rack and let cool completely.
- Frost when cool.
The amazing Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe is perfect for this cake!
As always – ENJOY!!!