I made this AWESOME recipe for a party I catered the other night – I tripled it – for 41 people! Just a few spoonfuls left…
CrockPot Baked Beans Recipe
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 16 oz can pork and beans
- 1 16 oz can light kidney beans
- 1 16 oz can lima beans (small lima beans - not the large ones!)
- Saute onions and garlic in shortening.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, catsup, mustard, salt, pepper.
- Mix all the beans into the liquid mixture, stir in onion mixture.
- Grease a crockpot.
- Add the bean mixture into the crockpot, cook on high for about 6 hours, then reduce to low.
- It will appear watery, so if you are going to serve FROM the crockpot you may want to pull off some juice. If transferring to a serving bowl, don't use all the juice.
As always – ENJOY!