I have tried various chicken recipes in the air fryer – this is BY FAR the best yet. I use this when I want to make chicken salad or put into soup or even just add to a top of a big salad. Quite delicious!
I recommend the salt brine – it’s so easy and it makes the chicken so tender!
- 2 chicken breasts, no bone
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place chicken breasts on cutting board, cover with parchment, and with a meat mallet (flat side) or rolling pin - pound out to even thickness
- To dry brine - place chicken on a platter or plate (do not stack) and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place into fridge, uncovered, for 30 minutes
- Remove and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes
- Mix garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a small bowl
- Place chicken in a large bowl, pour olive oil over to coat, then sprinkle with spice mix to coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 375
- Place chicken into air fryer for 6 minutes
- Turn chicken over, and depending on thickness of breasts, cook another 3-8 minutes. Chicken is full cooked at 165 degrees F. I typically pull mine out of air fryer around 157 or so - as when resting it will continue to cook. If cooked in the air fryer to 165, it will be dry.
- After chicken is cooked, place on a plate and allow to rest 5-10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
As always – enjoy!