Jump to recipe
This is an amazing dinner, whether it’s for guests or a lovely dinner at home for your family! You cannot MISS with this meal..
And yes I AM BACK – we’ve been incredibly busy and blah blah blah, all things you’ve heard before.. 😉
So here we go!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped OR 2 Tbs dried
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14.5 cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops
- 18-20 small clams
- 18-20 mussels, cleaned
- 1 1/2 cups lump crabmeat
- Melt butter in large soup/stock pot over medium heat. Add onions, parsley and garlic. Cook and stir until onions are softened, but not browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to the pot and break them up into smaller chunks. Stir in wine, 3 cups broth, water, bay leaves, basil, thyme and oregano. Cover, simmer 30 minutes.
- Add another cup of chicken broth. Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Stir in all seafood, bring to a boil, (may need to add the last bit of chicken broth!) simmer until clams pop open, about 5-7 minutes. Watch closely as you don't want to overcook the seafood!
- Ladle into large bowls and serve with crusty bread!
As always – ENJOY!!!!!!!
This entry was posted in Seafood
and tagged cioppino
, seafood stew
. Bookmark the permalink