Peppermint Pie Recipe
Jump to recipe
This is a fabulous pie – if I must say so myself!! I whipped it up for fun last week, and then when my friend asked me for the recipe I had to make it again to ensure I gave her the right steps!
Here is my recipe for the Oreo Crust
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie crust - mine is linked above!
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes or peppermint mints (put them in a mini food processor) + 1 Tbsp for garnish
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips plus 1 Tbps for garnish
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings (using a microplanar!)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3-4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 tub whipped topping, which has been in refrigerator to soften, but not melt
- Add milk to blender (always add liquids first!) then ice cream, peppermint extract, chocolate shavings, 1/4 cup of crushed peppermints as well as 1/4 cup mini chips
- Blend well
- Pour the mixture into large bowl
- Blend 1/2 tub of thawed whipped topping into peppermint mixture
- Pour into prepared cooled pie shell
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Remove from freezer, top with remaining whipped topping, pour 1 Tbsp of crushed peppermints and mini chips over the top
- Keep frozen until ready to eat, remove from freezer 15-20 minutes ahead of serving to allow it to slightly soften
As you can see above, I have also made minis of this in parchment paper cupcake liners. I sprinkled tiny bit of crushed oreos (not an actual crust) at the bottom.
I then scooped some of the peppermint pie filling over the top.
Into the freezer they went, I removed, topped with whipped topping and peppermint pieces and mini chips.
Perfect mini dessert!
As always – enjoy!