I made this Lemon Butter Sauce to go with the amazing Gulf Coast Crab Cakes. They are the best, and this sauce is fabulous with them!
Lemon Butter Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 1 Tbs lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs butter, cut into small pieces
- Pour wine and lemon juice into small saute pan. Simmer 1-2 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- Add whipping cream and salt. Bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- Add butter pieces, one at a time, whisking after each piece is added.
- Spoon sauce onto plates, place crab cakes on top.
As always – enjoy!