Lemon Pie Recipe
Jump to recipe
Lemon Meringue Pie is my ALL TIME FAVORITE DESSERT EVER! So I made a couple this past weekend 🙂 YUMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
- 2 eggs
- 5 egg yolks (reserve the whites!)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (this was about 7 lemons - you'll get more juice if they are at room temp when you squeeze them)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 prebaked 9" pie crush
- Whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until pale yellow, about 3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and salt, and continue whisking until fully combined
- Add lemon juice, water, and butter
- Continue mixing until well combined
- Transfer mixture to a heavy saucepan. Place over medium heat.
- Whisk continuously, scraping sides with rubber scraper. Be careful not to burn!
- Cook until thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk an additional minute
- Pour into prebaked pie crust. Cover with wax paper, chill at least one hour.
Here is link for Meringue if you want a meringue pie 🙂
As always – ENJOY!!
This entry was posted in Pie
and tagged cornstarch
, lemon juice
, lemon pie
. Bookmark the permalink