My daughter absolutely ADORES cookie dough. Years ago, I made one type of chocolate chip cookie dough frosting for birthday cupcakes, and it was a hit but I do believe this one is better!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened (not melted!) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4-1/2 cup half n half or whipping cream (depends on desired consistency - may need more)
- 1/2-3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Beat brown sugar and butter in stand mixer until smooth and creamy
- Mix in flour, vanilla, salt, and baking soda until well combined
- Slowly add in cream/half n half until desired consistency
- Fold in 1/2 cup chips
- (I use additional chips to sprinkle over the top once I have frosted the cake or cupcakes!)
As always – enjoy!