I love St Louis Gooey Butter cakes, and so when I had a taste for lemon the other night, I thought I’d combine the lemon with gooey butter. Yummy!
Lemon Gooey Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 8 Tbs (one stick) unsalted butter
- 1 pkg cream cheese (8oz), room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 4 Tbs melted unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine cake mix, 1 egg, 8 Tbs butter until well combined
- Press into greased 9x13 pan. Press evenly and slightly up the sides.
- Mix cream cheese, 3 eggs, lemon juice, zest, confectioners sugar, and unsalted butter until well combined.
- Pour filling evenly over top of crust
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned
- Sprinkle with 2 Tbs confectioners sugar
- Cool, serve at room temperature.
As always – enjoy!!