I know I know this sounds nuts, right? But if you don’t grease the pan properly, the cake won’t come out perfectly, and even though it will still taste fabulous, you’ll be mad. So try this and I promise you’ll be happy!
- 1 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs solid shortening
- Mix both ingredients together in a bowl with a fork until well combined.
- Press ingredients into/onto every single nook and cranny on the Bundt pan, up the middle portion, down the sides, etc. Make sure every portion is covered.
- Toss any leftover mixture.
- When it comes time to removing the cake from the pan, follow these steps:
- Cool cake for 1 hour on a rack in the pan
- Invert the rack over top of the Bundt pan
- Flip the two over together and set on the counter, rap on the top of the pan and around the sides to loosen the cake. You'll hear/feel the cake release from the pan.
- Lift pan straight up.