So, we despise going out to dinner on certain days as it’s so crowded (think Valentine’s Day for example!), so we came up with this recipe and cooked at home instead. It was so easy and so delicious! I highly recommend this for a nice romantic yummy dinner at home…
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 filet mignon steaks (4-6oz each)
- finely ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 4-5 oz lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 small bunch asparagus, washed and trimmed, steamed
- Place 2 Tbs butter in small saute pan, heat over medium high
- When butter is melted and very hot, add steaks
- Turn over in about 3-5 minutes, depending on how rare you like the steaks
- Flip over, cook approximately same about of time as on first side
- Remove from heat
- Wipe pan clean. Melt 1 Tbs butter in pan, add crab.
- Cook until warmed.
- Plate with the steak on each plate, top with asparagus and crab
- Spoon hollandaise on top
- Garnish with salt and pepper
My favorite Hollandaise Sauce recipe is here.. I highly recommend it. It sounds too “easy” because you microwave it – but I PROMISE it is delicious!
As always – enjoy!