Pork chops were never a favorite of mine, because as a kid my Mom would cook the death out of them and they were tough as could be. However, these chops? Woweee they are good. Tender and juicy and just yummy!
- 1 Tbs chopped onion
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 6 bone in thick chops
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350
- In small pan, melt the butter. Saute the onions and celery until tender.
- Remove from heat, add in apples, celery, parsley and 1/8 tsp salt
- Cut a slit in each chop by cutting thru almost to the bone. Do not cut through!
- Spoon stuffing into the pockets
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- In large skillet, brown the chops on both sides in the olive oil
- Place chops on rack and place rack on a pan with sides. Pour water into the pan.
- Place into preheated oven and bake approximately 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads at least 145
- Let stand 5-8 minutes before serving
As always – enjoy!