I love to walk in to the house and smell something yummy coming from the crockpot, which has been bubbling for hours. In this case it was a roast with carrots and potatoes. Delicious!
Crock Pot Roast with Vegetable Recipe
- 3-4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 3-4 pound roast (this was bottom round)
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- sliced potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3-4 cups beef broth
- Place olive oil in large pot
- Heat over medium high heat
- Add onion, stir for 2 minutes, add garlic, stir an additional 2 minutes
- Add roast, and sear on all sides
- Place roast in crock pot with the onions and garlic mixture
- Add potatoes and carrots on top
- Add beef broth and water to cover half way
- Cook on high for 6 hours, then turn down to low
- Roast will fall apart!
As always – enjoy!