This blueberry cobbler was so light – it was delicious!!!
Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, washed, picked over to ensure no stems
- 3 Tbs white sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (yes I squeezed mine fresh!)
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened but not melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease an 8" square baking dish
- Place blueberries, 3 Tbs sugar, and orange juice into the prepared pan. Gently mix.
- In a small bowl, mix flower, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture slowly, stir gently until just until incorporated.
- Drop the batter by rounded spoonfuls over the blueberries - not touching completely but almost. Try to cover most of the berries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 37-42 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
As always – enjoy!